Thursday, September 20, 2007

Well today was the day

As I was getting ready to leave mom's this afternoon my ferrier pulls up. Oops I had the wrong day for trimming. So Cricket got her first trimming today. She was OK. After I wrapped the lead rope around the panels so that I had a little more strength to hold her still, she learned faster. She had about two good pull backs then stood like a broke horse, even fell asleep. Even my ferrier made a comment about what cute little feet she has. All we did today was the ponies, and Cricket. At least one pony is about 14 hands, but the other three we did Cricket is the tallest. I really wish I had my camera on me just to get a picture of him trimming Zach's pony. She is so stinkin' tiny, it was funny. She was pretty good for a little pony off the reservation. So all in all Cricket gave the most fight. (As expected) So today Cricket got a mini tying lesson and feet worked with. I got a bicycle inter tube yesterday, from my bike, and I plan on trying that with Cricket for tying, even though today she did fine with out any give. We shall see, but I really want her tying out well soon so that I can take her to some gymkhanas with Zach. Also I have a few friends that ride at a covered arena on Thurdays and can take her to tie out and pony.

Well a short post, but wanted you all to know that today was a big day for Cricket. Sorry no pictures the camera was in the car. Besides Brian would have throughly harrassed me for taking pictures.

3 comments:

Desiree Thomas said...

I'm bad you would be the one tie training as thats one thing I do teach, but get around to it after they are really halter broke as I dread tieing up the first time.. I always fear that explosion and aftermath if one really freaks so far I've had only one ever do it(not a bucky foal) and about cut her head clear open banging it on the wall..

Lazy A Ranch said...

Well, Cricket has now had her feet trimmed, what a big day for her. She had to learn two new things and it sounds as though she handled it all in stride. I love horses like that, they make my stomach not hurt.

Paige said...

What a good girl!

We use the innertube for tying as well-- it really does make things easier!

We are getting ready to start baby trims soon as well-- oy vey