Sunday, September 9, 2007

Not much excitement

Well I got to show cricket off this weekend. My sister came over yesterday morning, but brought a friend so I did not have a chance to say anything to her about her actions. She liked Cricket, but did comment on her little hay belly. Darcy was scratching crickets rear, and of course Cricket was loving it. When she stopped Cricket backed her butt into me for me to scratch, which of course I did. I know I can not do this forever and really need to teach her some manners and I will, I am just enjoying the fact that I have a horse that actually likes me. Then I preyyt much slept most of the day. I just did not have any energy yesterday. I kept trying to wake up but I could not.

Then today my former co-worker came over to see her. Last year I used their pasture to foal out one mare and then took the other mare and foal over there to have on nice green pasture. I eventually took over my Doc's Jack Frost daughter just to have room to run, and they kept her. Their grandkids climb all over her, even ride her bareback and a halter. Before they got here today, I brushed Cricket, combed her mane and tail, and fly sprayed her. She was not haltered and she was not fond of the fly spray, but she was ok. I took her out and led her around while we looked at the other horses. Then we trotted back to her stall. When I turned her loose, she took off running and kicking. Of course I did not have a camera. I did think about taking it, but she has never done that before so I thought I probably did not need it. I hope to get some shots of her playing soon. I love the way she moves. Really goes off her hind end.

2 comments:

Elly'sMom said...

Well it sounds like your visits went well. That's always a good thing.

See now your going to have to carry your camera in your pocket like I do. Us obcessed have to do things like that. :D

Sounds like Cricket has moved right in!

Desiree Thomas said...

Her new found running and such at your house must means she is happy Yea!!! And she was a big scratch nut here. I think the girls may have over done that on her as she realy was addicted to a good scratching..
Desiree