Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Been MIA

Sorry I have not been around much this weekend. I was swamped. Friday night we had to drive to LAX to pick up my aunt who was coming home from Hawaii. Last year her husband decided he wanted a divorce and left. She had no idea what was wrong, besides he was spreading lies about her. Of course those close to my aunt knew they were lies. So now she had this huge house for just her and her dog. This dog was her beloved best friend. My aunt carried this 60lb dog upstairs everynight because Lindsay could no longer make the trek on her own. She was also affected by the dog food recall. So while she was in Hawaii Lindsay had to be put to sleep. She stopped eating, drinking, and no longer go up at all. So her best friend took her in and the vet talked to my aunt telling her there was absolutely nothing he could do for her. So my aunt did not want to go home to an empty house so we stayed the weekend with her. It was weird walking into that big house with no dog. My aunt is a work a holic. She has said that the only reason she came home when she did many times was to take care of Lindsay. So now I am worried about her. I understand not wanting another dog, but I almost think it would be good for her. She does live in So CA. She could use something to be a deterant for a break in or something horrible. So we had a good but busy weekend with family. Saturday my aunt went to work so we went to this huge tack store that was having their annual sale, where you get a free 4 qt bucket just for walking in the door. They have hourly prizes, where we won a nice tan halter with the leather overlay, and a lead rope. Did not buy anything for Cricket, but mainly because I was not sure what size blanket I should get. Then we went to visit one of Frank's sisters and her family and the kids had a wonderful time playing with their cousins. From there we went to another one of my aunts house and had dinner while visiting with my cousin, and his wife, and again my boys playing with another cousin. With only getting about 5 hours sleep the night before, and then playing very hard all day with cousins, they were wiped out. And another long day. On Sunday they slept in a little, which Zach never does. We then went and visited one of Frank's brothers and got to meet our newest nephew, he is the newest for now anyway, there is another on it's way in the next couple of weeks. So we met Josiah who is about 2 months old. Of course he was quite cute. Then we drove home.

Coming home did not make things easier. I normally get off of work at 2:30, on Monday I worked till after 5 to help the new Adult Ed teacher get his classes started and students signed up to take the CA High School Exit Exam, CAHSEE. Pronounced just like my name, so get confusing around school this time of year, and three other times during the year. I had every intention of spending time with Cricket this week, as she is getting her feet trimmed next week. Well not getting off work till after 5, then I had to be somewhere else by 6:30, so Cricket time got cut.

The good thing is we actually do not have any plans this weekend so I really should be able to play with her for a while this weekend. Maybe even a bath if the sun is out. I am sure it will be. Still hot here during the day. Mornings and evenings are cool though. Oh yeah and Friday there is a tack auction near by I am thinking about going to. We will see. It is hard to go to a tack place when I do not have anything to ride, yet.

So that is where I have been and I will try to come out of hiding now. There is no new news on selling our current mobile home, and buying a new one. So nothing exciting there.

3 comments:

Desiree Thomas said...

Finanaly your back beginning to wonder.. Glad you had a fun tack store trip at least rest sounded so rushed..

Paige said...

Well you are busy busy busy! That is a lot of family time together, and so sad for your aunt.

I am sure Cricket does not mind just waiting to be with you--you have her whole life to look forward to-it does not all have to happen right now

Elly'sMom said...

Wow that sure sounds like you've been a busy bee there Kaycie. I didn't do much of anything today and feel pretty good about it actually. LOL Get some rest and slooooow down just a tad. :)