Tuesday, October 2, 2007

One Month ago today

Well I had a little available time so I went out and played with Cricket. The first thing I noticed was she has quite the belly. So I thought I would let her run. I put her in the round pen. I keep using the round pen because she can not get out of it and it has sand. But it is too small for her to be able to stretch so I put her in a dry lot. The ground is very hard and lots of rocks, but she did not hurt herself. So I decided I should go get the camera since today is the one month anniversary that I bought her. And of course when I got back outside with the camera she was done running. So I chased her a little and just got a bunch of pictures of her wondering around. She is also getting a little confident and getting a little of that yearling attitude, and she is only 4 and a half months old! After she got to run a little I took her out for a walk. I took her to the back porch and asked her to walk on the spa deck and back off, to give her confidence of backing out of the horse trailer. She got on pretty good and walked across it very nicely. Then on the other side she kept wanting to walk directly behind me. I hate this with young, unpredictable horses, because if they spook or get a wild hair they run over you. So we fought a little about her being next to me not behind me. Then one more pass over the spa deck and off again. Now we are heading towards the barn and she thought she would run, of course I said I don't think so, and she hit the end of the lead rope and stopped her in her tracks. At least she responds quickly to pressure, and not fight it. She did make me work at making her walk to the barn. I should have made her walk past her stall, but I am not real sure her intentions were to just get back to her stall. I just think she is getting a little confident. I still would really like to pony her as I have two mares that will not put up with non-sense.

























































































2 comments:

Desiree Thomas said...

Looks like she is really growing. You are taking awsome care of her.

Kaycie said...

I am glad you think so. I did not realize how butt high she is till I was looking at these pictures. She must be growing. I was thinking I should have had someone take pictures of me next to her to compare the height difference.