Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Cricket Video and a little update

Yeah the video finally posted. Look at this little snot, running right towards me. This is her idea of a joke. Dad says till she does not turn one day, then I will have an America's Funniest Home Videos Video. I only stood there to get the full effect of her little game, I do not usually let her do this to me. She got her first "real" lesson with me on this day. I made her walk on the lead like a real horse, not just however she wanted to. And she was expected to stop and stand still when I stopped. She got quite the little sweat going on. I also introduced her to a sheet. I bought her a blanket so I want her to wear it of course, so gotta start somewhere. She can be a handful, but she is so smart and sweet she will straighten up. She is only 5 months old. She is soooo dirty. I really wanted to give her a bath also, but I did not. It gets too cold once the sun goes down and I was worried about her not being dry by that time. Oh yeah forgot to mention. Notice her head shaking. She seems to only do this with the halter on as I have not notice her do it in her stall. I do not want this to end up being a learned habit. I need to stop it, but don't know what to do about it. I was trying to check her ears and I stuck my fingers all the way down her ears, she just stood there. I think she liked it. I got gross black stuff on my fingers. So any ideas?


One still shot to see that cute little butt of hers. This was the second time I trusted to turn her out in the arena. I was worried she would run through the fence. She could but she has no desire to yet. I also try to be careful about turning horses out in the arena for fun time, because a day will come when the arena is not just fun time, but work time. I have had wrecks because a horse thought it was play time instead of work time.

A guy came out to look at my palomino yearling today, but he is worried that she is too short for him. I told him on the phone she is little, but her brother was a late bloomer. I expect the same for her. She was so sweet though. Just did what he asked, nothing more, nothing less. I brought this filly to my house on Saturday and she just seemed a little off. Could not really pen point it. Thought maybe a little colicky, but was not giving very many signs. Was not into her Stratagy, which she has never gotten before, and really did not like the oat hay. This morning I go out to feed and her poop looks like it has chocolate chips in it. I get a sandwich bag and pick up a handful and they are little black rocks. No idea where these came from. She has not been on DG, it was really strange looking. But I think she is getting back on track now. Started her on Syllium this morning with her Stratagy. Hopefully she gets her energy back soon. She has already put on a little weight, which is why I started the Stratagy to begin with. She looked horrible this weekend at the sale. Nicks all over from the other mare, underweight, she looked like and orphan. She got here, got dewormed and pushed the feed to her, all at the same time she was trying to colic on me and I did not even notice it was colic. Boy I am lucky sometimes.

2 comments:

Desiree Thomas said...

Great fun to see her in action thanks!

Elly'sMom said...

She sure is looking good Kaycie! I love how nicely put together Cricket is. She's sure growing up beautifully!