Saturday, May 31, 2008

Jessie's turn out

Turned my two year old, Jessie out yesterday with the yearling. She loves to run and has been kept up in the barn too long. This is the first year she has shed out so golden. I really think she may be carrying dun factor. It is so light though I can not get photos of it. For the first time today I saw bars on her legs. When she was born she was almost perlino looking. By about a month old I thought I saw a dorsal stripe, both parents have dun factor, shaved the dorsal and it was still there. But she was almost always so light that I did not see it again till this year. She is starting to turn into a nice looking horse. In the above photo that is Cricket and the mule, Windy in the back ground.
She was never after the yearlings, but they should could not figure out how to get out of her way. They wanted to meet her and check her out, but she just wanted to run. They all settled down after a while.

No comments: