Friday, March 14, 2008

First Ride?

My sister and I are always changing what constitutes the first ride. So that is why the question mark in the title. This week I have started really working with Jessie. Monday, I saddled her for the first time, Tuesday I saddled her and ponied her from a well broke mare. Sister comes along and trys to give me pointers, better ideas. The well broke mare was not cooperative. Making things more difficult. So sister starts patting the saddle, and eventually ends up on top of Jessie, from Mystery. Gets her moving and then I walked Mystery around and she sorta followed. Photo taken with phone, so that is why the poor quality.So then she had two days off. No time to get out there. Today I go out and catch her, take her to the hitching rail, and saddle her up. Treating her like a well broke mare. Not a flinch. So easy. Walk her to the round pen, and lounge her. A little on the lazy side, but picks up gates quickly and easily, but has a difficult time staying at the lope. So I decide to see if I can get on her. She lets me with no problems, not second guessing. Oh yeah before I got on I put a bit in her mouth and worked on getting use to that, but I did not use the bit when I rode. I just used the lead rope. You will see me flipping the lead over her nose to switch directions or trying to keep her on the rail. I have asked to borrow my sister's loping hackamore, kinda like a bosel but softer. Here are some pictures and a video taken by my mom. I called her on my phone ans asked her to come out with the camera after I was already riding her for a few minutes. OK video is not loading right now because I am on WiFi and it is a weak connection. As soon as I can get plugged in directly, I will try again, probably tomorrow.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Kaycie that is awesome that you are having some quick develomnents on her, I am so happy for you. Sure does give you a high doesnt it?