Tuesday, April 29, 2008

New foal

I was pleasantly surprised with a perfect looking filly this morning. I kept asking mom yesterday if Misty was acting any differently, but did not push the issue as today was day 340. She was checked on at 10 last night, then just after 6 this morning they find this little girl. OK big girl. This mare foals with no signs at all. She sneaks them in there. She is not very fond of people so she likes to have them on her own. She is a great momma, and was dripping milk as she walked. I am thrilled with this foal. I just may need to keep her for my next gymkhana horse. There is a price tag on her till at least she is broke to ride, then I may just give up and keep her, if I can.
She does not have a name yet, but all of this mares foals have had a patriotic theme to them. Sire's name is Lil Bit O Passion. At one time I was thinking Lil Bit American, but that does not seem to fit her.

1 comment:

Paige said...

She is darling! There is not much cuter than a paint baby unless it is a paint donkey

Congrats!